Are you looking for the Difference between Centrifugal pump and Reciprocating pump? So today we will study the difference between the centrifugal pump and the reciprocating pump. Here you will get the articles of Mechanical Engineering in brief with some key points and you will get to know an enormous amount of knowledge from It. So If you find this articles helpful, please let us know in the comment box, either if any correction required too, also let us know in the comment box.
Let’s have an overview of centrifugal and Reciprocating pump first. So,
- The hydraulic machine which converts the mechanical energy into hydraulic energy is called Pumps. The hydraulic energy is in the form of pressure energy, If the mechanical energy is converted into pressure energy by means of a centrifugal force acting on the fluid, the hydraulic machine is called a centrifugal pump.
Main Parts of Centrifugal Pump:
- Suction pipe with a foot valve
- strainer and
- Delivery pipe
- A reciprocating pump is a hydraulic machine which converts the mechanical energy into hydraulic energy.
- This is a positive displacement pump.
- Here a certain volume of liquid is collected in the enclosed volume and is discharged using pressure to the required application.
- Reciprocating pumps are more suitable for low volumes of flow at high pressures.
- The reciprocating pump having two types: 1. Single-acting reciprocating pump and 2. Double acting reciprocating pump.
Main Parts or Component of Reciprocating Pump:
- Suction Pipe
- Suction Valve
- Delivery Pipe
- Delivery Valve
- Piston and Piston Rod
- Crank and Connecting Rod
- Air Vessel
Difference between Centrifugal pump and Reciprocating pump:
|Sl.No||Parameter||Centrifugal Pump||Reciprocating Pump|
|1.||Construction||This is simple in construction.||This is complicated in construction.|
|2.||Head or Pressure application||This work low or medium pressure head.||But Reciprocating pump work at the High-pressure head.|
|3.||Discharge||Centrifugal pump, Discharge is High.||But Here, Discharge is low.|
|4.||Requires relief valve||In Centrifugal pump there is not required relief valve.||But here, it requires a relief valve.|
|5.||Smooth or Pulsating flow||This is having a smooth flow.||Here, This is having a pulsating flow.|
- Hydro-Electric Power Plant
- Geothermal Energy
- Thermal Power Plant
- Renewable Sources of Energy
- Power Plant Safety
|7.||Self-priming||There is no any self-priming.||Here, There is self-priming|
|8.||Space considerations||It requires less space whereas,||The reciprocating pump requires more space.|
|9.||Cost||The initial cost is low.||The initial cost is higher.|
|10.||Power consumptions||Here, Power consumption is high.||But in the centrifugal pump, the power consumption is low.|
|11.||Maintenance||It requires lower maintenance.||It requires higher maintenance.|
|12.||Air vessel||Not required||Air vessel required in the reciprocating pump.|
|13.||Fluid handling||Suitable for a wide range including clean, clear, abrasive fluids, dirty water, and oil.||Suitable for clean, clear and non-abrasive fluids.|
Preparing for Competitive Exam? If Yes, then must go for this book:
The most valuable and trusted Mechanical Objective book by R S Khurmi 5000+ Objective.
Download PDF from Facebook or Telegram group.
Join the Facebook group: Engramritkumar Facebook
Connect Telegram group: Engramritkumar Telegram
Join WhatsApp group: Engramritkumar WhatsApp
Today we have learned about the Difference between the Centrifugal pump and Reciprocating pump and PDF. If I have missed something, kindly inform me through commenting. If you like this article, don’t forget to share it on social networks. Subscribe our website for more informative articles. Thanks for reading it. Thank you.
Other Top Trending Post in details: