Lathe Machine Parts:
Today we study about the lathe machine parts. Here You will get the articles of Mechanical Engineering in Brief with Some Key Points and you will get to know an enormous amount of knowledge from It. So You Find helpful this articles please let us know in the comment box either if any correction required too, also let’s know in the comment box.
Click this Link to know the lathe machine and Specification of lathe machine: What is Lathe Machine? and Specification of Lathe Machine? and Also know the different lathe machine operation: Lathe Machine Operations | Lathe Machine | Mechanical Notes
Lathe Machine Parts:
- Head Stock
- Tool Post
- Lead Screw
- Guide Ways
- Compound rest
- Hand Wheel
- Feed Rod
- Bed in the lathe machine is the main body of the machine. All main components are mounted on it.
- The bed is usually made up of cast iron due to its high compressive strength and high lubrication quality. It is made by a casting process and molted on floor area.
- Chuck in the lathe machine is used to hold the workspace. This is fastened on the spindle, which rotates the chuck and the workpiece.
- There are four jaws and three jaw chuck but according to the requirement of machine they used.
- Head Stock is the holding device in a lathe machine.
- The headstock is the main body parts which are placed at the left side of the bed.
- The Headstock is also made up of cast iron.
Related Articles: Difference Between Impulse and Reaction Turbine
- Tool Post on a lathe machine is fastened on the carriage.
- The main work of tool post is to hold the tools at an accurate position and tool holder mounted on it.
- Lead Screw also knew as a power screw.
- Lead screw locates at the bottom side of the bed, which is used to move the carriage automatically during the thread cutting operations.
- It locates between the headstock and tailstock.
- It is used to hold and move the tool post on the bed vertically and horizontally.
- It slides on the guideways. The carriage is also made up of cast iron.
- Legs are used to carry all the loads of the lathe machine.
- It locates the floor which prevents vibration.
- An apron is attached to the carriage and hangs over the front side of the lathe bed.
- It is useful in providing power and hand feed to both carriage and cross-slide.
- It is also used to provide power feed to the carriage during thread cutting through two half nuts.
- The main function of guideways in a lathe machine is to guides the movement of carriage and tailstock.
- This is the main part of the lathe machine which holds and rotates the chuck.
- It is placed at the right-hand side of the bed.
- The main function of tailstock to support the job when required.
- The main function of tailstock is to lock the workpiece while performing a drilling operation.
- The compound rest in a lathe machine which is used to fix the single point cutting tools while performing different lathe operation.
- Hand Wheel is used for moving tailstock forward or backward.
- Feed rod is a power transmission mechanism used for precise linear movement of the carriage along the longitudinal axis of the lathe.
Related Articles: Why Magneto Ignition System is better than the Battery Ignition System
Do you want to PDF? Join our WhatsApp or Telegram or facebook for Downloading the PDF.
Join our WhatsApp group: Engramritkumar Facebook
Join our telegram group: Engramritkumar Telegram
Join our WhatsApp group: Engramritkumar WhatsApp
Please Leave the thoughts or feedback in the comment Box.