Working of Magneto Ignition System:
Today we will study Magneto Ignition System. Here You will get the articles of Mechanical Engineering in Brief with Some Key Points and you will get to know an enormous amount of knowledge from It. So You Find helpful this articles please let us know in the comment box either if any correction required too, also let’s know in the comment box.
Related articles: What is Fluid and What are different types of Fluids in Fluid Mechanics
Magneto Ignition System:
As we studied the battery ignition system, The working principle of magneto ignition system is similar, but in magneto system, it’s used to produce energy but in the battery case, it wasn’t. The Following procedure how it works,
- When the engine of the system starts, it helps magneto to rotate and thus it’s producing the energy in the form of high voltage then,
- One end of the magneto is grounded through contact breaker, and ignition capacitor is connected to its parallel.
- The contact breaker is regulated by the cam and when the breaker is open, current flows through the condenser and charges it.
- now the condenser is acting like a charger now, the primary current flow is reduced, thus reducing the overall magnetic field, generated in the system. This increases the voltage in the condenser.
- This increased high voltage in the condenser will act as an EMF thus producing the spark, at the right spark plug through the distributor. and
- At the starting stage, the speed of the engine is low and hence the voltage generated by the magneto is low. but as the rotating speed of the engine increases, it also increases the voltage generated by the magneto. and flow of the current is also increased.
Related articles: What is Boiler and The Necessity of Boiler
Please leave your thoughts in the comment box so that I can post more stuff like this and if you have any query just leave a comment below.